FAQ: About My Resume Templates
Frequently Asked Questions About Your Resume Templates
1) What do I need to edit my resume templates?
- (a) A computer or laptop to download and edit your resume templates. Please Note: It is very difficult and/or impossible to edit your resume templates on a tablet or cellphone.
- All of our resume templates are editable on Microsoft Word (PC & Mac) and Pages (Mac).
Your FREE version of Microsoft Word is available here:
- If you live in Canada: https://products.office.com/en-ca/try
- If you live in US: https://products.office.com/en-us/try
Pages is free for through your App store on any Mac.
2) How should I send my resume templates?
- For resume templates, PDF is the standard format (if it is not mentioned in the job listing). You can save your resume templates in this format.
- It is will look best if you remove the white border edge for printing & emailing. Follow these instructions in Microsoft Word for a borderless finish:
- Go to Page Setup. Settings.
- Under Page Attributes. Format for Any Printer. Paper Size. Manage Custom Sizes.
- Add new size. Name it: PDF borderless - 8.5 x 11 ; Non-Printable Area needs to say - User Defined. Change margins in boxes to 0.
- Now you can save as borderless resume template PDF.
3) Can I change my colours? How do you change the colors?
- All colours on your resume templates can be changed, yes!
- Double-click on your picture, opening a Format window.
- Go to Format Shape with colour options in a window. Use your eye dropper to select a specific colour.
- Are you trying to change an under-line colour? It might be a border instead. Go to your Home menu. Borders. Border & Shading.
4) Can I change the resume templates sections or headings?
Absolutely. Everything can be changed, re-sized, moved around, added, removed, etc. Finding it impossible? Give me a shout at: firstname.lastname@example.org
5) How do I change my profile picture on my resume template?
- Double-click on resume template picture. A side panel will open. Format Picture.
- At the top menu go to the bucket icon. Insert Picture From File.
- Insert your picture.
(a) Skewed? Select the tile picture option
(b) Too big? Keeping values the same use Scale X and Scale Y
(c) Off-centre? Offset X and Offset Y
6) My resume templates are finished but now everything is misaligned, etc. What can I do?
- Almost everything aligns with your margin.
- Go to Layout Menu. Align.
- First choose Margin, or the appropriate, and then the direction.
- I also offer free re-aligning. Please write to me at: email@example.com